You will have access to more than 130 high-profile speakers from covering 42 workshops (not to mention the optional extra full day ‘intensive’ sessions). You will hear from international and local presenters who are pioneering change and making a real difference to their organisations and to the lives of their patients.
Join us in our pursuit of excellence. Join us in our pursuit of transforming healthcare for the benefit of our patients and our communities. Join us in our pursuit of innovation and improvement.
The pre-forum intensives, on Wednesday 23 September, feature some of the most impressive speakers. These chaired seminars, with renowned international experts, are mini-courses or ‘how to’ guides with group discussion. They’ll provide you with an opportunity to take an intensive ‘deep dive’ into the topics. Make the most of your APAC experience by attending all three days. If you haven’t attended the ‘intensives’ before, you’re missing out. Simple as that. It’s hard to articulate the value these accelerated learning environments deliver. The quality of speakers at the APAC Forum is so bountiful that the hardest part can be deciding which of the 15 intensives you will attend.
Dr George Gray
Dr Jo Soldan
Andrew Cooper (Wales)
Dr Lynne Maher
Dr Margaret Aimer
William (Bill) G. Reed
The general programme, on Thursday 24th and Friday 25th September, feature some of the best topics. With sessions directed at allied health, leaders, managers,quality improvement and nursing, all covering our six main conference themes, there is a section for everyone.
Once again APAC has secured a lively, interesting and challenging programme, with each of the 42 sessions falling into one of the APAC themes: value based healthcare, leadership, transformational change, co-design, high performing organisations, or knowledge management. The APAC Forum programme gives you access to more than 130 high-profile speakers from 42 sessions. You will hear from world-renowned presenters, as well as the best New Zealand has to offer; people who are pioneering change and making a real difference to their organisations and to the lives of their patients and communities.
The APAC Forum will play host to the very first series of InSight talks. InSight will offer viewers a short, powerful dose of ideas, information and inspiration. The speakers are innovators from all walks of life. And their rapid-fire talks are designed to get you thinking about how you can replicate their ideas and success in your own healthcare setting.
Hosted by Petra Bagust, InSight will follow the APAC Forum’s welcome reception (Wednesday 23 September, from 6.30 to 8.00pm at SkyCity).
Sponsored by Health Innovation Hub.
Following on from last year’s successful forum in Melbourne APAC has once again returned home to New Zealand. Located in the South Pacific Ocean, New Zealand might look small on a world map but, it’s as diverse as several continents rolled into one. And it’s jam-packed with things to do – from experiencing world-class wine to exploring alpine valleys.
The 4th APAC Forum will be held at Auckland’s SKYCITY Convention Centre. Situated in the heart of the CDB SKYCITY is home to a casino, theatre, hotels, restaurants, bars and of course the Sky Tower, which is a beacon of the city. To make life easy, The Conference Company can arrange your accommodation for you. They have secured great rates at SKYCITY as well as nearby hotels.
- “The quality of the sessions, the experience and number of international speakers and their willingness to share, made this an exceptional conference from both a speaker and delegate perspective. This type of meeting is unprecedented in quality and safety in the Asia Pacific Region. Over 1500 registrants benefited from the exposure to some of the best experts in quality and safety in the world. The organisation and customer focus of everyone at the conference made it easy for attendees to navigate sessions, have opportunities to meet speakers, and network with other delegates.”Bernie Harrison
Principal, Peloton Health Care Improvement Consulting
- "The 3rd APAC Forum in Melbourne was excellent. And all the CEOs I connected with unanimously agreed. We're all very impressed and looking forward to signing up for next year. APAC has the best speakers. APAC has the best depth. APAC is the best!"Kevin Hardy
- “APAC 2014 was a high energy forum of ideas, passion and visionary thinking. From our perspective it was a great success. We love having this calibre of thinking in our network. There was a buzz of excitement from people when talking about sessions, keynote speakers, international speakers, and examples of inspiring work being done.”Jean Fagan
Principal and Chairman, HardyGroup International
- “In my many years as a consumer advocate and Senior Health Policy and Planning Manager I’ve participated in many conferences and forums. The APAC Forum was the most positive example of how to bring people together and promote a shared care model that I’ve ever seen. It was indeed transformative and leading edge. I feel re-energised by your thought-leading effort.”Tricia Greenway
- “I have no words for the hospitality, friendship and warmth Ko Awatea spread at APAC. It was a lovely conference with perfect arrangements. I am very impressed.”Goran Henriks
Jongkoping Co, Sweden
- “APAC 2014 was an amazing chance to reflect on how much has changed in 12 months. I attended as a consumer and had a small co presentation. Through APAC I have learnt how to re embrace my survival tattoo (aka my scars) and have explored how I can make a lasting impact in healthcare. Last year I had lost my way and my confidence. Thank you for helping me find “me” again! It’s heartening to see healthcare professionals genuinely interested in each other’s’ work and generally showing support to each other.”Renee Greaves
Patient Whaanau Care Advisor, Counties Manukau Health
- “Overall this was the easily the best conference I have attended and I look forward to gradually applying the tips I have learnt with my team and my patients. Particularly around the topic of patient engagement.”Aaron de Farias
Clinical Nurse Manager, Counties Manukau Health
- “I wish that I could find the words to describe this incredible conference and attendee experience. The sessions, keynotes, exhibits, dinner, networking, buzz in the hallways, closing video and everything between were the very best! So, please understand when I say "congratulations" and "thanks" I mean so much more. You rock!”Penny Carver
President, Carver and Associates
- “APAC 2014 was such a magnificent conference. The Eastern Health crew and I left on a massive high. We have been challenged, encouraged, recognised and inspired to do more to improve patient care. The conference was simply fantastic and was the best of all that I have ever been to. The calibre of speakers was very high, the venue and facilities were just great and the learning milieu an everlasting experience. The posters were of the highest order too!”Alan Lilly
Chief Executive, Eastern Health